Membership at Kitsap Tennis and Athletic Center
Kitsap Tennis and Athletic Center is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization. Fundamental to our mission to support the development of an active, healthy and connected community through fitness, wellness and outreach programs for youth, individuals and family, our Center collects membership dues and fees for the use of our facility and related activities. These dues and fees are essential to our ability to operate the center and provide our community with the services we know to be inextricably linked to achieving our mission.
All are welcome to become a member here at KTAC and we look forward to building community together.
KTAC’s NONDISCRIMINATION, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION POLICY
The Kitsap Tennis and Athletic Center of Kitsap County (further referred to as KTAC) is an organization that embraces nondiscrimination, diversity, and inclusion. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity/race, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. KTAC believes that, in a diverse world, we are stronger when we are inclusive, when our doors are open to all, and when everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
As our laws and communities continue to change, one thing is constant: KTAC is, and always will be, a place where individuals and families from all walks of life are welcome and where they may learn, grow, and thrive – together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Policy
- OVERVIEW & SCOPE
Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center of 1909 NE John Carlson RD, Bremerton, Washington 98311, has established an Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (“EEO”). This EEO policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center and its employees, including, but not limited to, employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, hiring and firing, compensation, assignment, classification of employees, termination, upgrading, promotions, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits and application of policies. These policies apply to independent contractors, temporary employees, all personnel working on the premises, and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center. Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee or agent in breach of this policy.
- DISCRIMINATION. Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center shall not tolerate, under any circumstances, without exception, any form of discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, and any other status protected by the law. This list is not exhaustive. Job promotions will be offered to employees based on merit, experience, and other job-related criteria. For qualified people with disabilities, Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center will make every effort to provide reasonable workplace accommodations that comply with applicable laws. All employees, managers, stakeholders, and agents at Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center will comply with these anti-discrimination policies. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those described in this policy.
- HARASSMENT. Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment. Any behavior that is unwanted and offensive to the recipient, which creates an intimidating, hostile, or humiliating work environment for that person violates Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center’s policy. Harassment can occur between members of the opposite sex or the same sex. Harassment, verbal or non-verbal, explicit or implicit, based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All employees, including supervisors, other management personnel, and independent contractors, are required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected in employment with Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center as a result of bringing complaints of harassment.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute harassment when (1) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment; (2) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as a basis for employment decisions, promotion, transfer, selection for training, performance evaluations, benefits, or other terms and conditions of employment; or (3) such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment or substantially interferes with an employee’s work performance . Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center prohibits inappropriate conduct that is sexual in nature at work, on Company business, or at Company-sponsored events including the following: comments, jokes, degrading language, sexually suggestive objects, books, or any form of media electronic or in print form. Sexual harassment is prohibited whether it is between members of the opposite sex or members of the same sex.
- STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. An affirmative action program has been developed where Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center seeks to increase the representation and participation of minorities.
- REPORTING DISCRIMINATION & HARASSMENT. If an employee feels that he or she has been harassed as described in this policy, they should immediately report the matter to management or General Manager through any verbal or written means. If that contact is not available, or if the employee is not comfortable informing this contact, the employee should immediately inform any other manager or supervisor. Once the matter has been reported it will be promptly investigated and any corrective action will be taken when deemed appropriate. All complaints or unlawful harassment under this policy or otherwise will be handled in as confidential a manner as possible. Timely reporting is encouraged to prevent the re-occurrence of, or otherwise address, the behavior that violates this policy or law. Delays in reporting a complaint can limit the type of effectiveness of a response by Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center. The procedure for reporting incidents of discriminatory or harassing behavior is not intended to prevent the right of any employee to seek a remedy under available state or federal law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate state or federal agency.
- RETALIATION. Retaliation against any person associated with Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center who reports instances of harassment – whether he or she is directly or indirectly involved – is in violation of Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center’s policies. All reported incidents are assumed to be made in good faith. Any allegations that are proven false will be treated as a serious matter.
- DISCIPLINARY MEASURES FOR HARASSMENT. Any employee engaging in behavior that violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including the possible termination of employment, whether or not an actual law has been violated.
- TRAINING. All employees, supervisors, and management personnel will be required to attend mandatory anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, and/or anti-sexual harassment training of a kind as designated by Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center.
- REMEDIES. Remedies for any instances of verified employment discrimination, whether caused intentionally or by actions that have a discriminatory effect, may include back pay, hiring, promotion, reinstatement, front pay, reasonable accommodation, or other actions deemed appropriate by Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center. Remedies can also include payment of attorney’s fees, expert witness fees, court costs and other applicable legal fees.
- POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Implementation of this Policy will be effective as of December 31, 2017.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, KTAC may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Any family information in regards to membership of house hold members
If you purchase KTAC’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
KTAC may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
KTAC collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
KTAC may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from KTAC and its Club Automation.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
KTAC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
KTAC may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to KTAC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
KTAC may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on KTAC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of KTAC; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of KTAC, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
KTAC may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within KTAC, in order to determine what KTAC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within KTAC to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
We use a plugin on the back on the back side of the website that collects all data related to the use of the KTAC website, while you are visiting the site. Once you leave the site you are no longer providing information to KTAC in any way.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by KTAC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the KTAC website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
KTAC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. KTAC uses the following methods for this purpose:
– Club Automation – Club Management Software
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
KTAC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, KTAC may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from KTAC or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from KTAC, you may opt out of such communications by clicking the link at the bottom of the email..
External Data Storage Sites
We store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
- Club Automation
- Constant Contact
Changes to this Statement
KTAC welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that KTAC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact KTAC at:
Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center
1909 NE John Carlson Rd
Bremerton, Washington 98311
Effective as of January 01, 2018