KTAC’s NONDISCRIMINATION, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION Policy
The Kitsap Tennis and Athletic Center of Kitsap County (further referred to as KTAC) is an organization that embraces nondiscrimination, diversity, and inclusion. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity/race, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. KTAC believes that, in a diverse world, we are stronger when we are inclusive, when our doors are open to all, and when everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
As our laws and communities continue to change, one thing is constant: KTAC is, and always will be, a place where individuals and families from all walks of life are welcome and where they may learn, grow, and thrive – together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Policy
- OVERVIEW & SCOPE
Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center of 1909 NE John Carlson RD, Bremerton, Washington 98311, has established an Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (“EEO”). This EEO policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center and its employees, including, but not limited to, employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, hiring and firing, compensation, assignment, classification of employees, termination, upgrading, promotions, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits and application of policies. These policies apply to independent contractors, temporary employees, all personnel working on the premises, and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center. Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee or agent in breach of this policy.
- DISCRIMINATION.Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center shall not tolerate, under any circumstances, without exception, any form of discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, and any other status protected by the law. This list is not exhaustive. Job promotions will be offered to employees based on merit, experience, and other job-related criteria. For qualified people with disabilities, Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center will make every effort to provide reasonable workplace accommodations that comply with applicable laws. All employees, managers, stakeholders, and agents at Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center will comply with these anti-discrimination policies. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those described in this policy.
- HARASSMENT. Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment. Any behavior that is unwanted and offensive to the recipient, which creates an intimidating, hostile, or humiliating work environment for that person violates Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center’s policy. Harassment can occur between members of the opposite sex or the same sex. Harassment, verbal or non-verbal, explicit or implicit, based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All employees, including supervisors, other management personnel, and independent contractors, are required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected in employment with Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center as a result of bringing complaints of harassment.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT.Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute harassment when (1) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment; (2) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as a basis for employment decisions, promotion, transfer, selection for training, performance evaluations, benefits, or other terms and conditions of employment; or (3) such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment or substantially interferes with an employee’s work performance . Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center prohibits inappropriate conduct that is sexual in nature at work, on Company business, or at Company-sponsored events including the following: comments, jokes, degrading language, sexually suggestive objects, books, or any form of media electronic or in print form. Sexual harassment is prohibited whether it is between members of the opposite sex or members of the same sex.
- STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.An affirmative action program has been developed where Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center seeks to increase the representation and participation of minorities.
- REPORTING DISCRIMINATION & HARASSMENT.If an employee feels that he or she has been harassed as described in this policy, they should immediately report the matter to management or General Manager through any verbal or written means. If that contact is not available, or if the employee is not comfortable informing this contact, the employee should immediately inform any other manager or supervisor. Once the matter has been reported it will be promptly investigated and any corrective action will be taken when deemed appropriate. All complaints or unlawful harassment under this policy or otherwise will be handled in as confidential a manner as possible. Timely reporting is encouraged to prevent the re-occurrence of, or otherwise address, the behavior that violates this policy or law. Delays in reporting a complaint can limit the type of effectiveness of a response by Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center. The procedure for reporting incidents of discriminatory or harassing behavior is not intended to prevent the right of any employee to seek a remedy under available state or federal law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate state or federal agency.
- RETALIATION.Retaliation against any person associated with Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center who reports instances of harassment – whether he or she is directly or indirectly involved – is in violation of Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center’s policies. All reported incidents are assumed to be made in good faith. Any allegations that are proven false will be treated as a serious matter.
- DISCIPLINARY MEASURES FOR HARASSMENT.Any employee engaging in behavior that violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including the possible termination of employment, whether or not an actual law has been violated.
- TRAINING.All employees, supervisors, and management personnel will be required to attend mandatory anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, and/or anti-sexual harassment training of a kind as designated by Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center.
- REMEDIES. Remedies for any instances of verified employment discrimination, whether caused intentionally or by actions that have a discriminatory effect, may include back pay, hiring, promotion, reinstatement, front pay, reasonable accommodation, or other actions deemed appropriate by Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center. Remedies can also include payment of attorney’s fees, expert witness fees, court costs and other applicable legal fees.
- POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Implementation of this Policy will be effective as of December 31, 2017.