Lifeguards – Certified
The Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center is seeking experienced and certified Lifeguards for our single guard pool. Must have current certifications and be willing to work days and weekends. Possible nights as well. The right candidate shall be alert and have excellent customer service skills to interact with our membership. Only qualified applicants will be considered. If you want to be part of an amazing team please send your resume.
HOURS: Up to 25 hours a week
STARTING RANGE: Depending on Qualifications
The Kitsap Tennis & Athletic Center (KTAC) is seeking an Aquatic Staff to create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with KTAC policies and procedures. Provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in aquatic classes.
• Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety.
• Maintain good public relations with members and always represent the best interests of KTAC.
• Encourage member and parent involvement and identify potential volunteers.
• Arrive with ample time to report to position at the scheduled time.
• Be responsible and fulfill your commitments to scheduled shifts. Notify an Aquatics Director personally and in a timely manner if you are unable to meet your commitment. This includes illness and extenuating circumstances.
• Assist other staff and perform other duties as requested. Assume other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with the Director of Aquatics.
• Be constantly aware of all activities in the pool and on the deck.
• Know and enforce rules, as necessary, to ensure the health and safety of all participants.
• Be familiar with all emergency procedures and the functioning of emergency equipment.
• Keep the deck, program center, storage room and equipment clean and uncluttered.
• Administer first aid when required. Notify Program Staff or Building Supervisor immediately. Make sure the person in charge completes an accident report and, if necessary, a rescue data report.
• Report for duty with sufficient time to check lifesaving equipment, to be in the proper and appropriate lifeguard uniform, and to be briefed on any changes of schedule or procedures.
• Understand and follow KTAC emergency procedures. Notify an Aquatics Director and/or Building Supervisor if an incident or accident occurs.
• Insure the safety of our members at all times by scanning, enforcing rules, and keeping the walkways and exit areas clean and clear.
• Insure the cleanliness by following sanitation policies for the pool deck and monitoring the pool chemistry as directed.
• Inspect and maintain all safety and first-aid equipment daily. If an item is in ill repair, notify the Director of Aquatics immediately.
• Maintain a level of fitness necessary to perform required lifeguard and swim instructor skills.
• Assist with keeping accurate records of pool chemistry tests, member usage charts, and safety inspections. Document all accidents and incidents utilizing the proper forms and issue copies to the appropriate management.
• Attend all trainings and meetings as directed.
• Maintain all required certifications.
• Pass written and physical tests conducted at guard/swim instructor training sessions.
• Teach advanced classes that pertain to your specialization.
• Attend additional pertinent trainings to further your goals.
• Model our KTAC values through fun, positive relationships with staff and members. Seek every opportunity to encourage, motivate and thank fellow staff members for their work.
• Be enthusiastic toward members and staff by learning their names and expressing an interest in their KTAC activities. Strive to enrich their KTAC experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
• Maintain a consistent, professional image through dress, actions, and relationships with others.
• Participate in applicable training and conferences to further professional growth as outlined in annual training plan.
• Participate in staff meetings and other Association or branch Committees, as needed.